Create your own Angels & Stars this Christmas
Have fun making prints that can be used for cards, decorations and gifts using recycled materials. This wonderful activity is a lovely way to reuse and upcycle packaging and paper.
Community Engagement Manager, Vicki Gillow shows us how to create multi-purpose prints for the festive season! The prints can be used for cards, decorations or gifts. Using recycled materials, this wonderful activity is a lovely way to reuse and upcycle packaging and paper.
To make your angel or star display, you will need to follow Vicki's simple instructions using the following materials.
Materials you will need:
Watch this video for a visual guide.
1. Cut two squares of card about 10cm by 10cm (this can be smaller if desired).
2. Draw a star on one piece of card – use the two triangle technique (refer to video).
3. Cut this star out. This can be complete, or, for a more complex design, cut six triangles and a hexagon.
4. Stick the star onto the other card. This can be as a whole star or in sections with a small gap in between each shape. For an angel, invert the top and bottom triangle (refer to video).
5. PVA the top of the card and allow it to dry.
Watch the video below for a visual guide. Have a dry and wet are ready.
1. Cut coloured sugar paper and card for print.
2. In the wet area, squeeze a small amount of thick paint or printing ink and use an old brush or roller to coat the block print evenly.
3. In the dry area, place the coloured paper over. Be careful to register it in the middle of the paper.
4. Rub or roller the back of the paper and Peel off.
5. Print a number of times re-inking each time. Please note, the third and fourth will probably be you best prints.
6. Clean the printing block once you have finished and reuse when desired (use wet wipes and or damp cloths and dry).
7. Leave to dry and once dry, add glitter.
Why not try these out too...
Abbeyfield has complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 and is COVID-secure. Please click to find out more about our response to the pandemic.
For the best quality experience, loading speeds and security when viewing Abbeyfield.com, please update your browser.
One of the free, modern and secure browsers below are free to download and will greatly improve your interaction with this site.
Clicking the ignore button with prevent this pop up from showing for 7 days