Location: Winnersh, Woodward Close, Winnersh, Berkshire, RG41 5NW
Hours: Full & Part Time Positions Available - (35 Hours, 28 Hours and 21 Hours)
Working on a two week rota including alternate weekends
Salary: £9.27 per hour (plus benefits)
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for older people, either through previous roles in social care or in other caring environments.
The role of a Care Assistant includes the following tasks:
• Supporting and caring for all residents ensuring that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met while maintaining dignity, choice, independence and respect.
• Assist as required with social functions at the home.
• To assist with administration of residents care plans.
• To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence and in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
• Support and work closely with families and friends offering professional and emotional support sensitively.
• To be flexible with regards to working hours and attend training and development sessions as required.
The following are essential for the role:
• Ability to communicate and interact well with people
• to be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard;
• Ability to understand and carryout instructions and tasks as required by the job role;
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
• Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
• A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature
When you apply please quote which role you would like to apply for and use job reference V0327.