Cook, Sarnia House, Kettering, Northants
We are looking for a cook in Kettering to provide healthy and nutritious food for our residents and assist in the running of the house on a daily basis
At Abbeyfield we aim to support residents to live independently providing two freshly cooked meals per day. You will be responsible for cooking, resident plans, supporting activities and fundraising as part of the team. All training will be given and you will have regular supervision, reporting to the House Manager.
You will be working within a small hard working team, and some of duties involved will be:
• Provide a catering service (provision, preparing and serving) in line with the Safer Food Better Business Guidelines to caters for residents in occupation, ensuring dietary needs, tastes and preferences are met.
• Order and/or buy ingredients, equipment and other materials necessary for agreed meal provision, within allocated budgets, and that agreed weekly menus are prominently displayed.
• Ensure that the kitchen and kitchen practice always meet environmental health standards (Safer Food Better Business Guidance).
• Ensure that required information is accurate and kept up to date at all times. This includes menu book, incident book, accident book and any other records as necessary.
• Ensure that all purchases are within allocated budgets, and communicate allocated budgets to house staff to ensure no purchases are made outside of the budgets.
• Work with any volunteers to ensure their participation enhances the service provided to residents.
• Ensure all volunteers work in line with Abbeyfield Values, Policies and Procedures.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the needs of older people, experience of working with the public and an ability to work on own initiative. It is essential that you are a competent cook and a Food Hygiene Certificate qualification would be desirable. But above all, you care as much as we do and you’re passionate about making all the difference for older people.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Job Closing Date:
28 February 2020
Apply for the role of Cook, Sarnia House, Kettering, Northants