Experiencing feelings of loneliness can be incredibly isolating, and often it is difficult to know where to turn. These fantastic organisations and charities offer different ways to help.
These charities are doing some truly fantastic work to offer support, guidance and activities to help combat loneliness in older people across the country.
- Age UK: offering information, support and advice for older people based in the UK.
- Re-engage: hosting regular social gatherings for people over the age of 75.
- Independent Age: offering advice, support and guidance for older people.
- Campaign to End Loneliness: raising awareness of loneliness and offering advice.
Loneliness helplines UK
Call these helplines for confidential chats with real people, providing anything from support and advice to genuine friendship from the comfort of your own home.
- The Silver Line: A free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people. The Sliver Line are open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Call In Time: Run by Age UK, Call in Time is a free telephone friendship service for people aged over 60. You'll be matched up with a likeminded person and enjoy a chat each week.
- Befriending from Independent Age: Run by Independent Age, this befriending service provides users with regular phones call at a time that suits you.
- Samaritans: Providing emotional support for people who are distressed.