Our Environmental Aims and Vision
Abbeyfield will always protect the environment by operating in an environmentally responsible manner. We shall achieve this by ensuring environmental management is integral to our decision-making processes, so that we can enhance our environmental performance and demonstrate continual improvement.
This will work alongside and will complement the other Health, Safety and Quality systems we have in place, and is part of our ongoing, pro-active culture across the organisation.
The Abbeyfield Society is fully committed to:
- Complying with all Environmental Legislation relevant to our organisation. This includes completing the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Audit, as set out by the Environment Agency.
- Quantifying and monitoring the environmental impact of the business.
- Setting measurable and realistic Environmental targets in key areas of the organisation.
- Compiling and working towards environmental objectives and targets appropriate to the nature, size, and risk of our operations.
- Reducing our carbon footprint through best practice and proactive management.
- Minimising energy waste across areas such as Gas, Electricity and Water using the Waste Hierarchy.
- Adopting a culture of Recycling and Reusing products as much as possible.
- Using electronic document management to reduce the need for paper.
- Separating waste streams as much as practicable to minimise landfill impact.
- Adopt a “fabric first” approach to our energy saving strategy.
- Communicating our environmental strategy across all areas of the business and reporting on performance at Executive Level.
- Ensuring our workforce are environmentally aware, with the right mind set and supportive of these objectives through training.
- Using contractors who share the same vision and commitment to environmental management and sustainability as ourselves.
- Embracing new technology and green initiatives to make our futures more sustainable.
- Identify environmental aspects and impacts in all works to ensure all areas of risk are robustly controlled.
- Integrating environmental and sustainability objectives into all areas of the business.
- Providing appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy.
- Appointing a Director accountable for overseeing the implementation of this policy.
Abbeyfield are driven and passionate about improving environmental sustainability. We are embracing government initiatives to help us to work towards becoming carbon neutral in the future.
If you would like any further information about how our teams are working to make Abbeyfield a more environmentally friendly place to live and work, please contact the Health & Safety Team via firstname.lastname@example.org