- 1 bag of red potatoes (peeled, chipped and placed in coldwater)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Vegetarian hard cheese or parmesan (depending on veggie option)
- Truffle infused oil (according to taste)
- Soak the raw chips in water for 30 minutes, changing the water periodically to remove as much starch as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (gas mark 4).
- Part-boil the chips for 5-10 minutes to soften drain and leave to air-dry ready for frying.
- Heat the vegetable oil to180C and fry in batches until slightly coloured but not golden.
- Remove and set aside, heat the oil to 200C and re-fry until golden.
- Remove the chips from the oil and place in a roasting tin.
- Drizzle some of the truffle oil over the chips and shake to coat them.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss the chips in the grated hard cheese, season with black pepper (optional) and enjoy!