- 6 eggs
- 1 large potato – peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 or 5 medium mushrooms – thinly sliced
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 onion (medium to large) – chopped finely
- Pepper and salt
- Mixed herbs
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh salad to serve
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Place the vegetables in a microwaveable container with a little vegetable oil and mix thoroughly, then cook on full power for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked.
- Grease an ovenproof dish and spread the hot vegetables over it.
- Beat the eggs with the seasonings and pour over the vegetables.
- A little grated cheese may also be sprinkled over the top of the omelette before baking if liked.
- Cook for 40 minutes in a moderate oven until the omelette is set and lightly browned.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a fresh salad.