Make a people paper-chain
Each year at Abbeyfield we hold a week where we celebrate our organisation by taking part in activities. Our theme this year is togetherness so we're bringing people together one paper-chain at a time.
Our theme for this year is togetherness. We want to highlight the special relationship that exists between our residents, staff, volunteers and supporters and demonstrate that even during tough times we are all pulling together and connected to one another.
We are looking to create one huge paper-chain that links all the people of Abbeyfield and our supporters, in all locations together, stretching from house to house right across the UK, symbolising that we are all joined together.
Here’s how it works:
1. Download and print out one paper-chain template per person who would like to take part
2. Each participant colours in the template to depict a ‘person’ – it could be him/herself or someone else
3. Collect your ‘people’ and link them together in a chain
4. Use a phone, tablet or webcam to video the chain being passed across the screen, from left to right, and share it on social media using #AbbeyfieldWeek.
View our video on Youtube or watch the video below to see an example.
5. We will share your video, bringing together the people of Abbeyfield at homes across the country. Make sure you share your video on social media by the end of Abbeyfield Week – Sunday 14th June
Remember: you don’t have to take a video if that’s not your thing; it can still be a fun activity for you and loved ones to get involved in and perhaps you can take a photo and share that with us instead.
If you don’t have a printer, feel free to get creative and make your own ‘people’ – all you need is a piece of paper and some scissors! The chain can also be used as bunting decor.
Abbeyfield has complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 and is COVID-secure. Please click to find out more about our response to the pandemic.