The Abbeyfield Loughborough Society has been providing care and support to the elderly of Charnwood since 1963.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity and, as such, we reinvest in our homes, staff, and volunteers to make sure our residents are comfortable, safe, and happy.
We specialise in Dementia care and our aim is to prove a safe, dignified, and homely environment which promotes well-being in our residents. We follow the principles of person-centred care, seeing each resident as an individual with unique qualities, interests, preferences, and needs rather than simply focussing on their illness or abilities that they may have lost.
Our home comprises of two houses on the same site, Westfield House with 31 beds and the newly opened Ingleside House providing a further 33 beds.
Dementia Friendly facilities
• Themed areas located throughout the building that have been developed to prompt memories, trigger conversations, and enhance residents’ experiences.
• Large, bright and dementia friendly signage.
• Lighting designed to reduce shadowing.
• Uniform flooring throughout the building.
• Memory boxes at each bedroom door that can be filled with photos or personal items that are familiar to the resident.
• Open plan lounge/dining area/garden room allowing residents to interact and wander at will.
• quiet lounge and cosy seated areas.
• Sensory garden, raised flower beds and greenhouse.
We also provide
• Home cooked nutritionally balanced meals.
• Respite care.
• Weekly in-house GP surgery.
• Visiting hairdresser.
• Visiting Chiropodist.
• Communion visits from all denominations.
• Dedicated Activities staff offering a stimulating range of dementia-friendly activities and events 7 days a week.
Westfield House and Ingleside House are managed by Abbeyfield Loughborough Society Ltd.