- Whole chicken, cooked (I like to use a slow cooker to keep it moist)
- One large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 pack of mushrooms (chestnut or white) sliced
- Oil for frying
- A tin of chicken or mushroom condensed soup (I use Campbell’s)
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Grated mature cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- 3 packets of plain crisps, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Remove the cooked chicken meat from the carcass, roughly chop and put in a large mixing bowl.
- In a little oil, fry the onion until soft and add the mushrooms, garlic, and fry for another five minutes.
- Add the onion and mushroom mixture to the chicken; add the tin of soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt, pepper to taste, and mix thoroughly.
- Put the mixture into an ovenproof dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Grate the parmesan and combine with the grated cheddar and crushed crisps, sprinkle the cheese and crisps over the chicken and bake for 30 – 40 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with seasonal vegetables and a potato side of your choice.