- 500g beef mince
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 carton (500g) passata
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes (or freshly chopped if preferred)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Gluten-free soy sauce
- Black pepper
- 100g parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to fan 180c/200c.
- In a large casserole dish, use a wooden spoon to mix the chopped tomatoes and passata with a good slosh of Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, and 5-6 drops of tabasco (or more for a hotter dish).
- In a mixing bowl, use your hands to mix the mince and onion, with another good slosh of Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, and 5-6 drops of tabasco (or more for a hotter dish).
- Roll the beef mixture into balls, each around the size of a pin-pong ball, and place into the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for around 30-35 minutes (check after 30 minutes to avoid the meatballs burning).
- Dish up around 5 meatballs per plate and sprinkle the cheese over the top.