- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 500g lean minced beef
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 500ml tomato passata
- 200ml hot beef stock
- 250g spaghetti, broken in half
- Salt and pepper
- To serve: parsley or basil leaves and parmesan
- Spray a saute pan (with lid) with old, then fry onion, minced beef, garlic and carrot for 8 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper, soy sauce and Italian seasoning. Pour in passata and hot stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the broken spaghetti to the sauce, making sure it's all submerged and simmer fast for 15 minutes, giving the occasional stir to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Place the lid on for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Stir well and test the spaghetti is cooked through. If not, add a splash of boiling water and cook for a few more minutes before checking again.
- Serve scattered with herbs and parmesan.